"TEKNOLOGI PANGAN: Media Informasi dan Komunikasi Ilmiah Teknologi Pertanian" as a scientific study and information on the results of research and service related to food. The focus and scope of this journal are: Food science; Food technology; Food Microbiology; Food Nutrition; Food processing; Food preservative; Food packaging; Food Chemistry; Food Analysis; Food safety; Food additives; Food security; Food and Agro-Industry Technology; Postharvest Technology; Functional Foods; Sensory Evaluation.
Articles submitted must be original works, i.e. the same article must not have been published or accepted for publication in another journal / book either in full or substantially and may not be submitted to other journals for concurrent publication or considered for publication or even reviewed. Submitted articles can be written in Indonesian or English.
1. General Author Guidelines
All manuscripts can be submitted to the Editorial Office by Online Submission, where the author registers as an Author.
2. Script Template
The manuscript must be prepared according to the following author's guidelines in the MS Word manuscript template. The template manuscript can be downloaded at the following link: MANUSCRIPT TEMPLATE
3. Reviewing Manuscripts
Submissions submitted will be reviewed by reviewers. The manuscript will be evaluated based on compliance with the focus and scope of food technology, the contribution of scientific disciplines, stability analysis, clarity of presentation and technical adequacy. Decisions for publication, amendments or rejection are based on their reports / recommendations. If two or more reviewers consider the text unsuitable for publication in this journal, a statement explaining the basis of the decision will be sent to the author within three months from the date of submission.
4. Revised Manuscript
Manuscripts sent back to the author for revision must be returned to the editor without sweepstakes. Revised manuscripts can be sent to the office editorial through the Online Submission Interface. Manuscripts revised for more than one month will be considered as new submissions.
5. Guidelines for Online Submissions
The author must first register as an Author through the following address: https://jurnal.yudharta.ac.id/v2/index.php/Teknologi-Pangan/user/register
Authors must fill out the form in as much detail as possible wherever asterisks must be entered. After all the text boxes are filled, the author clicks on the "Register" button to continue registration. Therefore, the Author brings to the online author submission interface where the Author must click on " New Submission ". In the Start New Submission section, click " Click Here ': to go to the first step of the five-step submission process ". The following are the five steps in the online shipping process:
- Step 1 - Starting Submission : the writer must check - mark the shipping checklist. In "Comments for Editor", an author can type the paper's basic findings and their significance to the Editor. Then, click "save and continue".
- Step 2 - Uploading the Submission : To upload the manuscript to this journal, click Browse on the Upload file submission item and select the manuscript document file (.doc / .docx) to send, then click the "Upload" button until the file has been uploaded.
- Step 3 - Entering Metadata Submission : In this step, the author's metadata details must be included including those marked by the appropriate author. After that, the title of the manuscript and abstract must be uploaded by copying the text and pasting in the text box including keywords.
- Step 4 - Uploading Additional Files : The author can skip this step.
- Step 5 - Confirm Delivery : The author must examine the manuscript document uploaded at this step. To submit the manuscript to the Food Technology journal, click the Finish Submit button after the document is correct. The appropriate author or primary contact will receive an email notification and will be able to see the progress of the submission through the editorial process by logging on to the journal web site.
After this submission, the author who sent the manuscript will get a confirmation email about the submission. Therefore, Authors can track their delivery status at any time by logging into the online shipping interface. Delivery tracking includes the status of the manuscript review and editorial process.
6. Guidelines for Manuscript Formation
Structure of Manuscript
- Titles. The title must be clear and informative.
- Authors. The author's name must be accompanied by the institution's origin and email address of the author, without an academic degree .
- Abstract. Contains a brief description of the study's background, objectives, methods, results, and implications. Abstract written in English and Indonesian versions, one paragraph with a single space (maximum 250 words), without citation, "Bulle Numbering" or any formula. The abstract contains keywords that reflect the content of the article. Keywords consist of 3-5 words or phrases.
- Introduction. This section explains: (i) the general background of the research (concise), (ii) a review of the results of previous relevant and current research, (iii) a new statement (gap analysis) that contains the urgency and novelty of the research, and (iv) then the objectives research. If there is a hypothesis, it is stated explicitly and not in an interrogative sentence. The introduction must be written without numbers and / or instructions.
- Method. This section contains research plans covering: population / research samples, data and data collection techniques / instruments, analytical tools and models used. Generally the method does not need to be written in detail, but simply refer to the reference book (Example: F test formula, t test). Description of symbols on the model written in sentences.
- Results and Discussion . This section contains the results of data analysis (in tables or figures, not in raw data, and not a printscreen from the results of the analysis), the relationship between research results and basic concepts, and / or hypotheses (if any), and the suitability or contradiction with the results of previous studies . This section can contain the implications of research both theoretically and precisely. Each image and table must be referred to in the text.
- Conclusion. Conclusions are written briefly, only answering the objectives or research hypotheses, not repeating the discussion. Conclusions are written critically, logically and truthfully based on facts, and are full of warnings if there are generalizations. This section is written in paragraphs, do not use numbering and may add future research recommendations.
- Acknowledgements This section provides authors to express their thanks to research funders, facilities, or advice; and for statements if the article is part of a thesis / dissertation.
- References . This section writes a list of journals, books or other publications referred to in manuscripts published in the last 10 years (80%) for journals and 20% for other supporting sources. The minimum number of references is 15 sources. References or citations written with the American Psychological Association 6 th Edition . This is an example of a quote that fits the bibliographic example below: (Utomo et al., 2015); (Utomo, Murtadlo and Novia, 2015); (BPS, 2014); (Murtadlo, 2011).
Writing a bibliography following the American Psychological Association 6th Edition. Writing bibliographies (and citations) is recommended to use the Mendeley or Zotero application. (Mendeley's Tutorial: http://bit.ly/2vYEQGZ ).
For more details, the author can use the Template Manuscript in accordance with the systematic script writing format.
CHECKLIST FOR PREPARATION OF DELIVERY
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions can be returned to authors who do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Submissions have not been published before, nor have other journals taken into consideration (or an explanation has been provided in the Comments for Editor)
- Sending files in the * .doc / * .docx document file format
- If available, a URL for reference is provided.
- The text complements APA stayle 6th Edition requirements.